Matushree Parsanba Charitable Trust, (MPC Trust) is a public Trust which was conceived in 2003 by Dr. Ronak Shah & Dr. Sonal Shah to initially promote Homoeopathy by opening a charitable clinic for providing treatment to the poor and needy on subsidised rates. Subsequently Yoga classes were also added. Main source of initial funding was the Chairman of the trust Dr. Balkrishna Desai.
Trust was formally established in 2006 as a non-profit organization with seven trustees. The accommodation for trust’s activities is provided by its Chairman Dr. Balkrishna Desai. Trust is registered with Government of India as a public trust. It is also registered under Foreign Contribution Act, of Government of India that is similar to 501 of USA. Trust accounts are audited every year as per Government rules.
The trust has currently six trustees and a “Governing Board” consisting of thirteen experienced members from different fields to supervise and manage all the activities.
In 2008, the trust took initiative to start activity classes for mentally challenged and developmentally disabled children on weekends. Soon the initiative taken on weekends finding an overwhelming response, a regular centre for such children who come mainly from underprivileged class of society was opened.
Today the trust carries out following five charitable activities:
- Provide homoeopathic treatment to the poor and needy where consultation is free & only cost of medicine is charged on subsidized rates.
- Conducting YOGA health classes on reduced rates.
- Running a centre for mentally challenged/developmentally disabled and underprivileged children.
- Provide Physiotherapy services to the needy where consultation is free & only cost of therapy given is charged on subsidized rates.
- Provide Hearing testing & Speech therapy services to the needy where consultation, therapy & hearing aids are given on subsidized rates.